Saturday, July 23, 2011

Life with Bella

Well we are now on our third night with Miss Bella home with us, and a lot has happened in those few days. Her first night was miraculously better than we expected. She whined in her crate for about 3 minutes and was out cold at about 1130 and slept until i heard her rustling a lot at 515am. I got nervous and Evan got up and took her out and I made sure she hadn't gone potty in her crate, and he took her out. She did go to the bathroom outside and her crate was clean, but then threw an absolute fit when it was time to get back in her crate, so I laid on the floor with her and we cuddled under a comforter and she went back to sleep and so did I.
Last night quite the different story. bedtime became a 2 hour routine. We put her in her crate and she cried and howled and barked and cried on and on and on. Finally we caved and Evan said she was panting a little so maybe she was thirsty. So he gave her water, then of course we have to wait and convince her to go potty. After I could hear Evan outside convincing her to go for about 8 minutes straight, I said let me give it a try, and about 10 minutes later we had success. Evan put a tshirt of his in the crate, and we put a treat in there and she got in and started whining again. I then laid on he floor by her crate and shushed her softly and eventually she was back to sleep. She slept until this morning at about 7 (although we went to bed at 2) and then Evan laid on the floor with her and we all fell back asleep again.
We've had a lot of play time the last few days. Yesterday Jodi, Ava, and Ethan came over to meet Miss Bella. Ethan is precious and didn't hold back when it came to chasing Bella around the table and petting her. Bella was a good sport and we were so happy to see her be so friendly to small kids.
Ethan loveddddd Miss Bella...




While Bella was getting a little crate time this afternoon, I snuck out for a while and went to meet Miss Elizabeth!! The Handwergers are here for a year while Adam works at Children's and we are so excited to have them here!





Bella has also mastered the UP of the stairs, not the down. I have some videos of the stair action which I will post tomorrow from the other computer, they are quite cute!

We went to the vet on Friday morning and she said all is good and we will back in a few weeks for shots. She did say she has a slight heart murmur :(. But that about 40% of puppies do and she will most likely grow out of it as is the usual! Dr B fell in love with Bella right away and took her around the office to show her off to the other doctors and nurses!

In the meantime, some pictures of the lil one over the last few days!!

Bella heard Miss Gracie rolled over and then tried to give it a go herself......







We might not have named her Zona or Wilma, but she promises to be a Wildcat fan.....





Here is Daddy trying to get her to go to sleep!



Doesn't look comfy to me but it seems to be one of her favorites!





Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: