Wednesday, July 20, 2011

CABO!!!!!! (That's for the hubby...) Part 1


A few weeks ago I decided to book a ticket and join Julie, Maggie, and Gracie in Cabo for a few days. They will be there for an extended period of time, and I thought it would be fun to spend some time with them while they are there. When I was strapped to a certain amount of days off a year (not enough) I always had to pass up on fun opportunities, so I decided before puppy comes home with us and before I get into any new career endeavors, this was my chance to join th girls in Mexico!! I left early Tuesday morning and got there around noon Cabo time. Its always exciting to look out the airplane window and see Cabo -- you know fun and relaxation is about to be had.







Once I arrived, we still had half a day of fun and play ahead of us! The girls were sweet enough to drive to the airport and pick me up. They had only been there a day and a half themselves and were already on their 2nd rental car. As we were driving back to the house, the car acted sorta weird, but we didn't think much of it. We had a fun day at the house since the club and amenities are closed on Tuesday, so we did some swimming and I taught maggie the "dolphin dive". The girls took a short "rest" and then some post nap snuggling outside. I believe this was when Maggie was trying to teach Gracie to roll over. Clearly it wore Gracie out.






For dinner we decided to drive into town and went to a cute itallian restaurant in San Jose. We sat outside reluctantly due to the heat, but it ended up being a beautiful night. Maggie even danced when the mariacci band came to our table. After dinner we headed home, and saw the WEIRDEST thing I have ever seen on any trip to Cabo before.... there were multiple HUGE bulls crossing the street. It totally caught us off guard and quite frankly startled me a bit, but by the time Julie the driver had noticed we were past them so I knew we were in the safe, and I surely didn't want maggie to be scared, but they were definitely just free roaming HUGE bulls, that were stopping traffic and causing a traffic jam on the other side of the median. What i REALLY wish is that we had gotten a picture of them, otherwise people are going to think we have a habit of seeing things like a baby lamb on a walk in scottsdale! As the car began to act weirder and weirder on the way home on a dark night in downtown San Jose, we thought for a second, shoot, maybe taking the car and kids out wasn't smartest idea, but thankfully we made it home safely, and a new car was delivered the next day! Third ones a charm, by far the newest, cleanest, and lowest mileage in the fleet! The next day we got back to the routine the girls had going which worked really well. Maggie went to spanish class and julie went to the gym, and i stayed home with miss gracie tate for some relaxation.
Gracie Tate hung out with me while I washed a load of clothes, or got ready for the day.. as you can see, life is pretty rough for Miss Grace :) I believe this was after her 2nd bottle in a one hour time frame - she's a growing girl!






Here's another day of us hanging out while Maggie is off speaking spanish!!






And a self-portrait ..... clearly Gracie thinks Im crazy, and supposed to be on the other side of the camera like momma usually does!





Julie then came back from gym, showered, got ready for pool and we would go get maggie and spend the day at the pool and of course lunch with "Hola" at the palappa. Miss maggie loves her some guacamole. They know to put an order of it in for her before she even is seated in her seat! Life is good in Cabo!! :) Every day was more of the same and lots of fun time swimming and hanging out with the girls. We were having a "girls week" as Maggie liked to keep reminding us, and boy was it fun!! I got to spend lots of good sweet time making fun memories with both of the girls and Julie!

One day while in camp/ class, Maggie made some slippers. They were perfect for wearing around the house on the stone!



Gracie quickly learned hanging by the pool ins't so bad as long as she has someone to hang with and no one forgets to feed on a constant basis. Clearly I was also pretty content :)



Maggie ordered ice cream, since they no longer have popsicles at the "popsicle pool" - what are they thinking?? One would think when a 3 year old comes and asks for some ice-cream, they would take that into consideration with the size .... yes that entire cup i front of her is her strawberry ice-cream!





One day a HUGE bird decided he wanted to keep landing in the pool. We think he was confused and thought it was the ocean. The outdoor pursuits guys said they would fly away quickly if we threw a bouncy ball or pool noodle at them, but they didn't budge. You all would have a loved to see the 4 of us QUICKLY flee the pool as the bird turned and started to come towards us in the pool at one point. GROSS.






One day we arrived at the pool and there was a paddle boarding boat floating in the pool. Maggie and I gave it a go, and before i knew it Maggie was telling me how to paddle it. Of course we did it sitting down and not standing up, and started off small with the "starter" paddle (half a pool noodle that happened to be floating by). The starter paddle didn't get us too far, so after I took us on a lap around the pool, it was maggies turn .... we got some good floating time out of the deal, but had a fun time doing it! :) I won't share the picture of me ON the board with maggie, as it was not so flattering, this was when we were starting off and maggie was getting her float on!








TO BE CONTINUED......

No comments: