For the most part of the trip, we hung out by the pool, played on the playground, swam, swam, swam, and ate lots of guacamole for lunch and mac-n-cheese for dinner. It was a 3 year old and Aunt Amy's happy place :)
Here are Julie and Maggie both sharing the big float at the same time -- all you can see is the top of their heads!

We had photoshoot time by the pool - I took this picture of Gracie sitting up and sticking her tongue out at me.....

Then Maggie also wanted to imitate her and have me take her picture and here is our result.....

Then we had a sister photoshoot....

And then it was time for maggie to be the photographer ... shes LOVES taking pictures....

Here are Maggie and I playing basketball at the playground.... we were really and truly hoping that Carmelo Anthony or LeBron James :) would show up for a little 2 on 2 on the basketball court, but I guess they had seen enough of us for one day and left it to Maggie and I to play the game!

Maggie was having a hard time being left at the Kid Center in Cabo to learn Spanish and play for a few hours. Julie asked Maggie what would be a good reward for when Maggie decided to to act like a big girl and not cry when being taken to camp. Maggie said she really wanted that Hello Kitty Cup they had seen at Wal-Mart (in Cabo) the day they got there. Well of course, the 99 cent cup would change this 3 year old's world. Little did we know, getting the cup would also change our world!!
On Friday, Maggie was a superstar and did not cry. After rest time on Friday, which was my last full day at the beach, we decided to head into Cabo to walk around and see if there was anything we couldn't live without, and then of course go get the HelloKitty cup from WalMart a-la Mexico. We headed down to the shopping mall by the marina. I had been there previously and Julie felt comfortable there because she knew just where to park and it would be easy to get in and out with a 3 year old, a 3 month old, and a stroller. We wandered for a while and Maggie started to remember that Julie had promised her a new guitar when they got to mexico, since her pink one she got there previously had broken in Norfolk. Off to find the new purple guitar we went. Luckily it only took haggling with two different vendors, and the purple guitar was securely in the arms of miss Maggie. While walking back towards the mall/ parking garage, Julie asked if we thought we could pull off ice cream for dinner. Maggie couldn't believe the words coming out of her momma's mouth when she said we were going to have ice cream for dinner. To no ones surprise, Maggie had strawberry ice-cream, Gracie slept in the bottom level of the stroller for an hour or so in the sweltering heat, and back to the car we headed, because we must make it to Wal-Mart for the Hello Kitty cup.
We got in the car and headed towards the exit. Where what used to be a little manned station where they would take your money US Dollar or Pesos and then let you exit the garage, there was now only a machine that said you must pay at the machine INSIDE THE MALL before exiting the building and then put that receipt into this machine to get out. You've gotta be kidding me, there are 4 cars behind us, what shall we do now?! Eventually the people who obviously got that memo were nice enough to back up and let us out. Easy enough, or so we thought, Julie pulled up to the door to the mall and i hopped out to pay the ticket. The machine you pay the ticket at is in ALL spanish (which I know VERY little of). I stuck the ticket in and it then a 5 dollar bill and it kept spitting my money back out to me. I turned it every which way, to then realize it mush only take pesos, which was then confirmed by the security guy that so happened to walk by (and probably laugh at me). I then went to the nice section of the mall that was right inside he door and asked them to exchange the money for pesos for me. They basically laughed in my face and told me i had to go to this one certain store which of course was practically at the other end of the mall. Off I go - I get there and decide to buy a can of Coke Light in order to please them into giving me change in Pesos. HA - the lady looked at me sternly when I said can I please get change in pesos, and said "You pay in US dollar, you get change in US dollars" GREAT!!! I then with a confused, stressed, and clueless face looked at her and tried to explain to her, although she spoke VERY little english, how I had a sister and two babies in the car waiting to get out of the parking garage and we need pesos to get out. She then finally agrees to give me "Just enough pesos to get out of garage". Of course this stresses me, because I really have no idea how many pesos it will take, but Julie had mentioned it should be minimal, like 1 US dollar, maybe 2. SO i said thank you. She then SLAMMED the entire change of pesos in my hand and said "HERE- ALL PESOS!!". I of course am now running through this mall in mexico, physically laughing out loud at the adventure, end up on the WRONG escalator, realize it when I get to the top and come right back down, to then walk up the right stairwell and into the car, where Julie is now hysterically laughing, and Maggie is in the backseat feeding her sister who of course is now hungry. I have vowed to now keep about 15 dollars (at least) worth of pesos in my wallet at all times, as a just in case scenario!!!
Off to WalMart we go. If you know me at all, you know WalMart is not really exactly my favorite place in any town as it is always an "adventure", but they do usually have what I need so I typically suck it up and go for it. Wal-Mart ala Cabo didn't fail to be an adventure. Of course the exact hello kitty cup we were on the mission for was not there any longer, but luckily for Maggie (and Julie) we found one that we were able to convince maggie was even cooler. We waited in the check out line for what seemed like an hour, but must have literally been at least 20 minutes. No big suprise there I suppose. I had to document the trip to Walmart, so here we go:
Gracie didn't seem to mind it so much, I mean its better than a bumpy road in downtown Cabo under a diaper bag, right? :)

Maggie was spent at this point and not wanting to take her picture, and then Gracie started to scream...... i think this picture pretty much sums up WalMart in Cabo up in a nutshell completely! :)

This is always the saddest part of a trip to Cabo to me ... having to walk out onto the hot tarmac and board the plane that takes you away from the beach, and back to reality.....

All in all it was an amazingly fun, adventurous, memorable, and exciting trip to Cabo. I loved all the time I got to spend with all three girls, and I hope we get to do it again!!! Girls trips are fun!! :) So unnecessarily, and so sweetly, this afternoon as I was cleaning up the basement for Bella's arrival tomorrow evening, the doorbell rang, and with the delivery was a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Maggie and Gracie Tater. So sweet!!

No comments:
Post a Comment