Monday, July 11, 2011

Independence Day Adventures 2011

We spent the 4th of July in hot and steamy Nebraska! One would think you go to Nebraska to catch a break from the heat, but that was anything but the case! Evan and I spent the day on Thursday shopping for furniture to fill our house and then headed to Norfolk for the weekend! It's always fun to spend time with all the Robinsons as well as their fun friends in Norfolk! On Saturday Dick and Betti hosted their annual pre- big bang boom party followed by fireworks over the lake. It was great to spend time with everyone and especially see Grandma Lea and Papa who came in from Lincoln as well as the Feldman and Weiss families!

To prepare for the party, I volunteered to join Dick on the much anticipated, highly built up, exciting trip to the grocery store on a holiday weekend in Norfolk. Trust me, this is a big deal! You have to have a strategy, right Dick? Evan decided he didn't want to miss out on the fun, so he tagged along too! Some would say it's a good thing he went, we said he limited our fun.... We most definitely would have come home with way more junk and every flavor of alcoholic whipped cream.

When I asked if it would be easier to just have both people put bags of ice into buggy instead of assembly line version, evan said "no way, we've done this before, we have a system". Yes sir, I guess that strategy thing I mentioned earlier is genetic :)




When setting up for the party we pulled out the water cooler dispenser that one day used to be in Evan's condo in Phoenix. Evan and Dick were all excited and ready to go once they got the barrel filled and I cleaned the dispenser. Dick and I watched Evan as he proudly hoisted the barrel on top so there would be water to drink. Although you had to be there to appreciate it, within 8 seconds of the jug being planted on the dispenser I noticed water streaming out the sides of dispenser, then without fail at the EXACT same time and with exact same expression, evan and dick both threw their hands on their hips and watched the entire jug of water leak onto the patio. Lesson learned.... Water dispensers dont do so well in outdoor storage through a nebraska winter!



On monday, we went to the Norfolk 4th of July parade. It was so much fun to see Maggie's reactions and excitement throughout it all. Im pretty sure this look is saying, "plllleeeaaassseeee one more piece of candy aunt amy, we dont have to tell anyone!". :)





Yes, there were lots of tractors in the parade.... Evan actually also got to ride Arnie's new tractor at their house.... He was like a kid in a candy store when Arnie offered him the chance. That picture is to come soon.... I didn't take it on my camera, but it's a keeper! Thankfully we don't have room for one, or I think I would be in trouble!




On Monday evening we hung low and had dinner with friends and hung by the pool..... Evan and Dick not only own the same swimsuits but ended up wearing them same day! If only they were both wearing nebraska or arizona shirts, not one or the other. Since I told Dick I wouldnt post his face on here and cant figure out how to crop it out on here, I'd also like to introduce you to Dick's twin brother who agreed to take this matching suit picture with Evan. His name is Dennis. And yall thought he was an only child all this time :)


Thank you Robinsons for yet another fun trip to Nebraska...... See you again soon Nebraska..... Football season is right around the corner!! I'm quite sure my husband could tell you exactly how many days and hours until the first kickoff! :)


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: