Thursday, August 4, 2011

I lost my dog, inside my own house......

So it is officially an understatement to say that Miss Bella has made herself quite at home here in our house, and I am pretty sure is convinced this is HER house and me and Evan are just living in it. She has no fear going up or
down any set of stairs, and wants to be where SHE wants to be and WHEN she wants to be there. When she is a little older and can be fully trusted around things and fully trusted to not go to the bathroom inside, that will be wonderful, but for now she still needs to stay around us so we know she is not getting into anything unless she is in her crate.



Yesterday, she ate her lunch and was on the bed we have for her in the kitchen pretty mellow and just chewing on a soft toy. I was in the kitchen with her, and then walked to the front door. I turned around and she hadn't budged so I wasn't too worried she would even notice I had walked out to the mailbox to put some outgoing mail in the box. If you have ever been to our house, you know the walk from the front door to the mailbox is quite minimal so I wasn't gone for more than 45 seconds to a minute. I get back inside and went to go finish unloading the dishwasher which I had started prior to running out to mailbox, and realize Bella is no longer on her bed. The thought crossed my mind that she snuck out when I did and was on the loose, but I just knew that couldn't have been possible, because as I got to the door I purposely had turned around to make sure she wasn't following me out and closed the door all the way to make sure she couldn't nudge out.

I then started searching for her on the main level and did not find her. I went upstairs, and first went to our bathroom, because she LOOOOOOVES laying on our bathroom tile floor. No dog there, I am now screaming her name and calling her and offering her treats. I then went to her crate, and she was not there. I went into every room and open area upstairs and saw no dog. I now was stressed, because let's remember Princess Bella was a bit "scared" of going DOWN any set of stairs (until yesterday when I went to the mailbox apparently). I search every open corner and crevice of the main level again, thinking maybe I just missed her. I even checked in the pile of laundry on the floor in the laundry room, and no dog. At this point I pick up the phone while still looking and call Evan and say, look, not to alarm you but, " i cant find your dog". She is "his" dog when she is naughty, and "my dog" when she is an angel. :) I stay on the phone with him and he thinks of all the obvious place (I have already covered). I figure I must check the basement, although it is dark down there and she is typically even more hesitant to go down the stairwell when it is dark. I get down to the basement and am still calling her name and offering treats, and don't hear a peep out of her. I search between couches, chairs, tables, etc, finally i find her in the pitch black bathroom floor in the basement. She looked up at me with her sweet puppy dog eyes saying, "Mom, can you leave me alone, can't you tell Im trying to get a little peace and quiet alone time around here?!"

Today I was in the kitchen cleaning and preparing some food, and she was hainging out on the bed, and I literally turn around and she is already upstairs on our bedroom floor playing with a toy. I then put the new vacuum (that is still in the box) on the first step so our game of chase up the stairs constantly could be nixed at least for a little bit so i could get SOMETHING done instead of chasing her up and down stairwells all day. She then whined and barked at the box for some time, but at least i knew where she was, and that she couldn't get into anything :)

Needless to say we have a fully mobile puppy on our hands!!! I swear she has doubled in size since we got her 2 weeks ago! Happy two month old birthday and two week old come home day to Miss Bella Boo -- I guess, I should go give her a treat as a celebration! Tomorrow we go to the vet for her next shots....... I am positive I will be WAY more upset than she will be. Luckily it is on the way to Evan's office, so we made an early appointment and he will go with us and then Bella and I will come home!

Bella loves cuddling up to Evan when he gets home from work every afternoon ... or maybe she is just glad to see someone else besides me after a long day of playing, and apparently chasing around the house!!






Bella still LOVES her new paw "trick", she thinks she is some serious hot stuff when we say paw and she hands us a paw.....


















As I am writing this blog down in the basement while I have Bella "trapped" amongst the furniture in the basement so that she can play within my eyesight while Evan is working on something in the attic, I hear a growling. I look over and see a tail sticking out between two chairs..... this is from the other side of the furniture, from the back of the chairs that are pushed together so she can't get out....



And then this is what happened from the inside of the furniture circle once she realized shes a bit "chunky" in the hips and cant make it all the way through....


Oh Bella Boo, how we love you ..... Happy 2 month birthday sweet girl, we are so lucky to have you as a part of our family, even in the moments your dad and I may seem frustrated with you!! :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: