Saturday, August 20, 2011

a bean, a boat, a brother, and a bama jersey....

Last weekend we went to Chicago. Believe it or not, it was my very first time there, so I was in true tourist form!! Nathan lives in Chicago and Dick (Evan's dad) was receiving an award at a dinner on Monday night, so we went on Friday to spend some time with Nathan and be true Chicago tourists. We had a blast! I took plenty of pictures, so for the most part I will let the pictures do the talking. Dick and Betti also came in on Friday, so we also got to see them a good bit over the weekend, and they were so sweet to include Nathan in on all the festivities, that we got to spend lots of time with everyone!!! :) On Friday night we went to dinner with Nathan and Alexa, then Saturday we had lunch with Peter Susman and his super sweet girlfriend, Jen!! Saturday night we went to dinner with Nathan, and on Sunday we spent the day with Nathan, Kris and Jim Scheer, Dick and Betti, and Aunt Diane, and then Aunt Gwenn was in town by dinner! It was a fun day being tourist, including an amazing brunch, a fun architecture tour,via boat, followed by Lou Malnati's. I have been hearing about how good their pizza is for many years since college, and it most definitely did not disappoint. Monday, Evan and I walked around a great deal, and then were walking into 7-Eleven to get a slur pee when we were busted, and I got a text from Julie saying "are you going to get a slurpee??" Julie and Arnie had just gotten to Chicago, so rejoined them for lunch and walked around a little before getting ready for Dick's award dinner. THe award dinner was awesome!! It was at White Sox Stadium, and although I am not a baseball fan, it was a great venue!! They showed a slide show on the big screen on the field, we got to go check out the dugout and it was an amazing dinner followed by a great speech/recognition of Dick. He has worked very hard to get the company to where it is, and he is so very deserving of this huge honor he was awarded!! Part of the speeches, they presented DIck with a Nebraska football Jersey, #11 for the year and Robinson on the back, then a few other people got up to honor Dick. The next person that got up was from Birmingham, AL (i had met him previously in the evening) and he went to go unwrap another jersey for Dick, and i got nervous thinking, I am in deep trouble if this guy is an Auburn fan, well as luck would have it, out came a BAMA jersey, also with Robinson 11 on the back.... amazing!! The next two were USC (Aunt Diane went to USC) and then Northwestern (Arnie went to Northwestern) so there were plenty of representatives from the family to wear the jerseys for Dick! :)

I love the skyline in the bean!!!














Nathan and I are so mature - mom and dad, aren't you so proud?! :)









































I thought these fountains were so cool, yet a bit on the odd side....


























the famous Lakeshore Drive from the top of Nathan's building








This is the view from the top of Nathan's apartment building - not too shabby









This looked like the bull in new york in front of the stock exchange so I told evan take a picture with it for good luck ..... he fell for it, the bull had nothing to do with the stock exchange :)











If i recall, this is Groupon's corporate headquarters from the boat tour....

















Navy Pier from top of the John Hancock Building








More views from the top of the John Hancock Building

















Dick is very into the voice tour at the top of the JohnHancock Building ...








We washed some windows while up at the top...




























Evan and I on the boat tour...

















Marilyn apparently recently moved to Chicago!!









Evan in the White Sox dugout!!








view from the field...








you cant really see it, but this is the slideshow on the big screen on the field from the room we had the dinner in.....








Jersey Time .. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!! :)









Robinsons on the field....








Thank you to everyone for making the trip so much fun, and to Chicago for being such a fun town ..... until next time, Chicago ....










- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


No comments: