Saturday, morning we went to the daytime service, and then went back to the hotel, changed into our red, and headed to Lincoln. We went straight to Gramma Lea and Papa's house. It was SOOO good to get to see Gramma Lea and Papa, and Gramma Lea looked great, after all she has been through the past few months. I am so lucky to have gained not only more great family through marrying Evan but a pair of grandparents that I adore, and am so lucky to have in my life, as I no longer have any of my own. After spending some time at GL and P's house, we headed to the tailgate, as we would see them again later at the game! In true football fashion we broke our fast at the tailgate prior to entering the stadium. It is always fun at the tailgate in Lincoln, to see people we haven't seen in a while, whether they be Dick and Betti's friends from other cities, aunts, uncles, and cousins that live in Lincoln, or Evan's friends from high school, it's always a good time! Even Miss Maggie came to this week's football game, dressed up in her Husker cheerleader out fit and all!! Thankfully the rain held off until after we were in the box for the game, or else it would have been a wet tailgate! It was such a fun day, to get to spend time with everyone!
Maggie and I getting ready for the game to get good..... Maggie is into some serious hugs right now, and I love every second of it, I hope this phase never passes, Aunt Amy loves a good hug!! :)

checking out what is going on, and making sure the team and coaches are doing what they are supposed to do....

I think we now know where she learned it from - it's in her genes to take a Husker game very seriously!! :)

Uncle Evan and Maggie having serious conversation about the start of the game.. Id imagine Pops wouldn't lend his seat to many people but Maggie surely seemed to enjoy it!

it's hard work getting the "go huskers" sign to un roll just right, I love the chin move and serious concentration!

Game Time....

Maggie sneaking up on Papa with her balloon to "bop" him with it and "scare" him!

Gramma Lea and Maggie deep into the game...... this was prior to the good part of the game, when they started winning!

This is maggie demonstrating how she puts on her beaded "seatbelt" - please note the white and red beads are of course the seatbelt

Posing with her famous red balloon, that surely promised much entertainment during the game, and was NOT to be set free with all the others as the first points were scored!

Uncle Evan, Maggie, and Aunt Amy celebration hug after the game!

Sunday morning before Evan and I flew back to Atlanta, Dick, Betti, Arnie, Julie, Maggie, Gracie, Evan, and I all went to get brunch and spend time together before we left Omaha. Robinsons, we had a great weekend as always, and look forward to seeing you again soon!!! Its so fun to get to see the little ones, and see all the new tricks Miss Gracie has - she has grown so much since we saw her last!! Maggie, Bella Hello Kitty is patiently (as patiently as a puppy can get) awaiting your visit) .... we hope you will come visit soon!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment