Sunday, October 30, 2011

Bella and Pops had a chat??

We had another relaxing and good weekend at home with our family of three. We did alot of cleaning, football, and Evan and I had a "date" night of going out to dinner (yes, we are old apparently) on Saturday night!! Much of my weekend view looked like this...




Yes, even Bella now watches football, she really does take after Evan - she literally will sit and stare at the TV for minutes at a time, and you can tell she is actually watching the figures on the tv, as her eyes follow movement and her head moves ever so slightly - its quite cute!




I did some making and baking of several project ideas I got off of Pinterest (I'M SEVERELY ADDICTED) and then today, we ran a few errands and then went and picked Aunt Diane up from her hotel downtown and brought her up to spend some time with Bella and see the house.
A little background information, before I tell you about Aunt Diane's visit.... every time someone new or anyone for that matter comes over I always get a little nervous that Bella will jump on them or act excessively hyper and playful to them, not knowing if they will be ok with it or not. We are working with her on not jumping on people and she has it down with Evan and I for the most part, but sometimes gets really hyper when someone new comes over and forgets we would rather her greet them without a jump!
Today, I wasnt worried, because Aunt Diane is the dog lover of all dog lovers!!! Well, for once the absolute opposite happened.... Bella hid behind mostly my legs, but also Evan's at times, and even went as far as growling and barking at Aunt Diane. She didn't do a single thing besides love her and act excited to see her, but Bella just wasn't having it. I am actually thinking she wasn't feeling great, because it was so out of character for her. Either she wasnt feeling well, or Pops/Dick called when we were gone, and Bella answered the phone and he had a bit of a chat with her about how to act around Aunt Diane.... You see, Bella didn't quite understand who this "Aunt Diane" was because all she knows is Pops is an only child!! Bella tried on her Halloween costume for Aunt Diane, and even went on a short car ride with her in the back seat with her - by the time we were ready to head to dinner without Bella, she had finally warmed up to her - good news is, Aunt Diane will be in town for a few days, so hopefully Bella will be able to play with her more the next go round!! :)

It's hard to tell in the picture, but my legs were extended off the side of the ottoman, Diane is to the right of the picture, and Bella was laying by my legs, and then decided to jump up and put her front paws on my extended legs to see what Diane was up to, but didn't seem to get much closer....



Bella then started to sniff her out as she got closer...



This is about as close as she would get...




Eventually I decided to crawl on the floor and play with Bella to see if she would warm up to Diane if she saw that we were friends..... as you can see here, Bella the lap dog, climbed on top of me and sat her rear legs and half of body on top of me, while all of a sudden showing interest in Aunt Diane while keeping her back half parked!!



Hopefully Aunt Diane still had fun with Bella, although Bella wasnt overly welcoming to her, and will come back to Atlanta again after this visit! Why Bella didnt take to her right away, I have no clue, because noone else has ever come over and crawled through the doggie door to play with her or given her so many kisses!





Tonight Evan decided to go ahead and carve the pumpkin I got a few weeks ago at Trader Joe's- It has been on the front porch uncarved for a while now, and if there was ever a time to carve it, it was tonight before all the kiddies come by tomorrow!



Bella started watching intently once Ev started doing the cutting ... I am not sure if she was more worried that he was using such a dangerous knife or being the crafty one! :)



I'd say he did a pretty darn good job, for a carve on the whim!! Good news is, his teeth don't look like that, and possibly the jack o'lantern needs to make a visit to Dr Patrice's office!



We are excited about our first Halloween with Trick-or-Treaters in our house, and well the first experience with Trick-or-Treaters in manyyyyy years for me, as I have been in apartments for so long. I cant even remember - I guess it was at my parents house in Mobile, the last time I got to enjoy kids in cute costumes! Keri and Adam (another couple that we are good friends with) are going to come over, because Keri is still in an a apartment and wants her fix of trick or treaters, plus her birthday is next weekend when we are out of town, so we will celebrate her birthday with some wine and snacks tomorrow night as we welcome all the neighborhood kids! Even Bella is dressing up .... pictures to come after the big event! :) Hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: