My dear family friend, Sydnie got married on Saturday night. Everything about the weekend was beautiful. Unfortunately Sydnie's dad, Mr Dirk passed away a few years ago, although I know that many including myself felt his presence there, and I know he would have been SO INCREDIBLY proud to have been there and see the amazing young lady Sydnie has turned out to be and the adorable family she now has. I have so many fond memories spent growing up with Sydnie and spending many fun times playing Barbie (she had the world's best collection of barbie dolls, houses, cars, ALL of it!!) and dress up in her amazing dress up closet!
Her husband David has two girls, who just think the absolute world of Sydnie, and Sydnie already loves them just as if they were her own, they all make sure a sweet family. It was a beautiful weekend filled with love, laughter, family and friends. Sydnie is not technically my cousin, however, we grew up thinking we were like cousins because her first cousins (her aunt is my dad's cousins' wife, Melanie) are my 2nd cousins from different sides of their family. We grew up feeling like cousins and are only a year apart, so also went to the same schools, etc, and saw each other through many stages of life and shared many holidays together.
The ceremony was beautiful, and I still get goosebumps just like I did the second I saw her being walked down the aisle by one of our mutual cousins, Peter. Well actually at that moment, I started crying AND got goosebumps, but it was such an incredibly special moment. Mr Dirk would be so very proud of her, and it was so sweet to have Peter there to be a part of her special day. Ms Janie planned, executed and hosted such a WONDERFUL wedding for Sydnie, and the whole weekend it was so evident how very proud she is to be Sydnie's mom and friend!
Some pictures from the special weekend...
It's hard to see, but the Chuppah was beautiful...

Mom and Aunt Eileen at the reception....

Peter also danced with Syd for her first dance..... so special!!

Sydnie was such a gorgeous bride.... her and her new daughters cutting a rug on the dance floor!

Who knew it, even Clarke was pulling out all his bottled up dance moves, it was so fun!!!

And a picture of Evan and I with the stars of the next family wedding ... Peter and Jen!! We absolutely ADORE Jen, and LOVED getting to spend some fun times with her and Peter at the wedding. We can't wait for their wedding in Chicago next Summer!!

I always like knowing when the next family wedding will be, because they are always so much fun to be with family and celebrate, and we surely can't wait to celebrate in a big way with Peter and Jen - they are both such sweethearts!!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment