Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Atlanta Robinson Family is Growing .... it's a girl!!!

Nobody better pick up their phone to call and spread rumors, I know some reading this stopped and thought about it. :)

The new addition has FOUR legs, and adorable little floppy ears, and was born on June 4th, which happens to be the same day we got back from the honeymoon! We have yet to have a name picked out. We have a few ideas, but nothing has been decided yet. One thing we have realized though, is when we DO decide to have kids, picking a name will NOT be easy. As hard as it is for this sweet little puppy, I can't even imagine how hard it will be for a child! For now we have been calling her "roverstein" thanks to my cousin David. I have to admit, if we had gone with a boy puppy we may have stuck with the name, but because it is a girl, I am thinking it is not feminine enough. Maggie has also given her input on naming the puppy, and has given us a few options: "Hello Kitty", "George" , "Dog Peanut", "Grace", and "Donald". Grace being her sister's name, of course is entertaining, but unfortunately not going to work out! Donald, I must say its a fair option, but maybe a bit masculine, as is George. Maggie called on Monday night and the only option she told me at that time on the phone was "hello kitty". Great news though, Maggie slept on that idea, and said "hello Kitty" would make a better middle name, so that brings us to: "Dog Peanut Hello Kitty Robinson". It's starting to grow on us and have a nice ring to it!! :)
Roverstein (Dog Peanut Hello Kitty Robinsons) is a golden doodle puppy. She was born in a litter 8, and was born in northeast georgia, right near the South Carolina border. Evan and I went out to the breeder's home this past Sunday to meet the breeder, see the puppies, and decide which of the two female puppies we wanted. Because we had contacted the breeder ahead of time, we were able to get the first choice of the females. We sat on the couch and held each of them for about an hour and a half straight. One whined the entire time and the breeder's son kept saying "she has a serious attitude, she has since the day she was born" and the other one was a cuddle bug, gave lots of sweet little puppy kisses, and snuggled up to both Evan and I as we held her respectively. I know puppies will be puppies, but when one doesnt stop whining and one makes a few cute noises and besides that gives kisses and snuggles up, it made the decision pretty easy. In addition to the attitude difference, the one we chose was also lighter which was a plus. She also had more of a retriever face instead of poodle face. She already has me wrapped around her little paw, and Evan around one of her other paws!! We are so excited to bring her home in a few weeks and loved spending time with her. I love that the breeder feels so strongly about the families choosing which puppy they want in person after spending time with them instead of just by pictures. We go back to get her July 21st!! I so badly wish I had taken more pictures, but my camera was on the verge of running out of battery and dying when we were there. We got to meet puppy's dad, mom, and all of her brothers and sisters! It was such a fun experience. We are off to Nebraska in the morning to spend the 4th of July with the Robinsons! Shall be a fun filled weekend with family!! This week's pictures from the breeder were in the patriotic spirit, so I will leave you with those, followed by pictures from our visit on Sunday!! Have a wonderful holiday weekend!!


































No comments: