Well the big day has come and gone, and wow does it seem like it lasted a total of 5 minutes. It seems like we got ready in 1 minute, took pictures for 1 minute, reception lasted 1 minute, reception lasted 1 minute, and we said our goodbyes and goodnights and departed for 1 minute. Time sure does fly when you are having fun!! The big day was everything I had ever dreamed of and MORE. I will NEVER be able to thank my parents enough or even half way get across just how special every minute of it was and how absolutely perfect it was. It truly was my fairytale wedding. I am so blessed, thankful, and lucky to have been able to have that!!! I married my best friend, and now we begin out life together as husband and wife. It is so hard to imagine that it has already all come and gone. It seems like it was "in the works" for soooooooo long. While we were only engaged for about 10 months, I had dreamed of my wedding day my whole life.
Here we are as husband and wife
All of the girls got ready at the country club. There were two people there to do our hair, a make up lady, and the country club served us lunch while we lounged, laughed, cried, reminisced, and made more happy memories, all while being surrounded by my mom and my closest friends / bridesmaids. While getting ready, I opened the gift Evan gave me on our wedding day, and he had his gift to open as well while we were still not seeing each other. It was so special to open the gift and know how much I was thinking about him and wonder what he was doing or thinking at the same time as the minutes counted down. He bought me an absolutely beautiful pair of earrings! I will cherish them forever and ever and ever. I gave him a pair of cufflinks that were engraved with A+E and below it said 5.22.11 . What was even more special was that he showed up to the wedding wearing his new cufflinks! :) He knew I had special earrings that had been made specifically for my wedding day from my parents, so would not be wearing my new earrings that day, but will cherish them and wear them for many many years and happy occasions to come!
The first tears of the day were shed when the bridesmaids got me into my dress, and it all hit me that I was about to get married. To make the tear session even better, someone said, "ok, are you ready for your dad to come see you now" ..... and I lost it!
Here is my dad walking in and seeing me for the first time all ready in my dress..
The ceremony was so special and the reception was a blast! I can hardly wait to get the pictures from the photographer and video from the videographer so that we can reminisce and relive the most exciting day of my life so far!! :) Until the photographer's pictures are to us, below are some pictures from guests and photographer/now sister in law Julie to hold us over!!
Our first steps as husband and wife!!
Maggie and Jay walking down the aisle .... Rose wasn't far behind
A few pictures after the ceremony...
Before I end the post with pictures, I want to make it known how blessed and lucky I feel to have now not only married my best friend, but inherited an entire additional family who i love and care about and can not wait to grow old together with!! I already am so very close to and cherish all memories made and love making more memories with my immediate and distant cousins that I was born with. I am closer with some of my 2nd cousins than most are with their 1st cousins. I love all of my family, and am so lucky to now have an even larger family. I married my best friend, gained 3 adorable nieces, 1 adorable nephew, 2 wonderful and supportive parents in-law, two sisters which I had not yet had, two grandparents which I no longer have of my own, and many loving aunts, uncles, and cousins. I AM SO LUCKY! Thank you to everyone for sharing all the wonderful pictures!! One day I will put them all somewhere for all to view all of them, but here are a few highlights for now....
Here we are entering the reception and being announced as Mr and Mrs Robinson!

Before different events like rehearsal and pictures etc all the boys kept going in for a "go team" and made it a "go evan"... once we got into the middle fo the dance floor, all the bridesmaids and groomsmen went in for a "go Evan and Amy" - LOVE IT!!
Dad and Daughter First dance .... we danced to "i loved her first" - i loved the song the first time i heard it, and knew it was perfect for our first dance together!
Cutting the Cake
My amazing bridesmaids / best friends
From Left to Right: Abby, Alexis, Brandon, Ginnifer, Liz, Jenn
Our bridal party waiting for us to enter the reception on the dance floor
No comments:
Post a Comment